Sunday, April 22, 2012

Painting Course Post 8


I'm combining the last two lessons since number 8 was mostly just colouring the above image in preparation for lesson 9. It was pretty simple, just meant to help you plan out your painting.


Lesson 9, the above image, was the final lesson you are given in the course.  It's meant to combine everything you've learned from all of the previous lessons into one thing.  It took a bit of time at first just to get everything working the way I wanted it, tried painting it in a few different styles. Finally ended up with what you see here, I thought it turned out pretty nice.  My favourite part being the face, it received a lot of attention just to get in that nice detail.

All in all it was a good course, I wish I could do more but they're rather expensive, I was only able to do this one by taking the self taught course, limiting you to only videos and no feedback from the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment